We had Family Home Evening lessons focusing on baptism. It was funny though, because even after she learned everything she needed to know about baptism, when she went for her bishop's interview, she was a mute. She didn't say one word! Finally, Bishop Challis called Bryce in to come sit by her. She was still quiet but apparently still wanted to go through with it.
I borrowed Chad's camera and took Addie up the canyon for a little photo shoot. About 300 photos later we made it back home. Enjoy looking at what I thought were the best photos. (The first picture is of Bryce and Addie practicing the "dunk".)
I went a little overboard with the planning of the whole thing. I made her a "Baptism Book"-that isn't even done yet, sadly. I took the photos of her so I could have these cute little invitations made. I had to reschedule the day of the baptism because we were going to be gone to Bryce's cousin's sealing, so we couldn't do it on the stake baptism day. I made the cutest programs with a picture of her in the background. I decorated the room with cute pictures of her and Christ.
The program turned out to be so nice. The spirit was there and it was fun to just have a day for Addie. Addie decided that she wanted to sing a song called "Come Into the Water" from a CD we had been listening to. Aunt Brooke L. played the guitar, while Addie sang and I helped on the chorus. It really was the highlight of the program. Addie has hardly participated in Primary programs so I was very surprised when she wanted to sing this song all by herself. And she did so well! I wish I had video of just that moment because it was so precious. Uncle Kurt spoke on baptism. I thought it was so neat that she wanted him to speak and he did a good job trying to speak to her level. Aunt Brooke L. gave the talk on the Holy Ghost which was SO good; Addie still remembers some of the things she said. Grandma Eileen made her a big white "comforter" to remind her of how the Holy Ghost makes us feel warm and safe and good. Tyese played a song on the piano. I also made a video with pictures and music about Addie to let people watch while she was getting dried off and dressed. Also while they waited, I had little purple cards for people to write a thought on for Addie to read later. I am so glad I did that because it is so fun to see how much people love and care about Addie. She loves to read those little cards and they make her feel so good about herself. We also had a lunch afterwards. I made Cafe Rio and it was so yummy!
My father-in-law, Chad, and Bryce, and who knows who else, were quite worried that I was over-doing it. Bryce kept reminding me that the most important thing was that she goes all the way under the water. She just needed to be "baptized" and nothing else. He was worried that I was stressing her out, and there would be too much "fluff" for her to remember what was really important.
As I write all this down it does seem like a lot but after it was over it felt so right. Everything fell into place and it turned out to be such a special day. And just so you all know and feel better, I have NOT started planning her wedding reception. It has crossed my mind but I will hardly admit to it!










7 comments:
Nikki,
The pictures you took are spectacular! Absolutely gorgeous - you are so blessed!
CUTE!
Sounds like it turned out to be quite a special day! The pictures turned out beautifully; what a gorgeous little lady.
Love the pictures. Such a great idea and what an amazing memory for her!!
Nikki, I had no idea you were so amazing behind the camera! Good job! And congrats to Addie!
I love all the pictures!!! She is such a cute girl!!
Great pictures. What a neat experience! How do you have an eight year old? Glad to see you are back in the blogging world! You look like a hot Mama in that red dress!
Post a Comment