My whole family was supposed to be in St. George this year for Thanksgiving-you know, golfing, sun, swimming, going out to eat, the whole bit. However, Brooke ended up needing surgery just days before Thanksgiving, so we decided to stay in Rock Springs and enjoy mom's home cooking and each other's company!
Dad always carves the turkey-I just love this man-more than he knows!
And mom claimed that she was excited to cook for all of us-I believe her too!
I love Thanksgiving! I love thinking about what I am grateful for, I love my family, and I love my mom's food! Needless to say, it didn't take much convincing to get me stay close for the holiday. No eight hour car drive, no packing, no eating someone else's food. It was perfect!
How can I not be grateful when I have these two for parents- I am truly blessed!
Bryce was happy to "take care of Jase", while we got dinner ready
The table was beautiful...
But the kids separate table was even more beautiful!
The chef always has to taste her creations! It is a tough job and I am glad my mom is willing to do it!
Handsome Hayden wasn't too shy to have some photos taken
We all just love Hayden, especially his hugs!
The kids enjoyed coloring and playing together while they waited
Jase just had to wear his airplane sweater. He thinks he is a real pilot if he wears it
Who is hungry?
Good grief our girls are growing up fast!
These two didn't want to be in high chairs until they realized they both were the same and they got to be next to each other, then they were okay with it!
I wonder if these two will be friends for life?
There is the post-surgery-lady herself. We will never forget these holidays!
Look at that kitchen! My mom is the best!
Don't forget Brooke, what goes in must come out! Sorry that really isn't that funny is it?
The kids wanted ice cream cones instead of pie.

More coloring entertained the little ones, and grandpa I guess.
Hayden decided his hair needed a little more gel-and grandma has lots of gel. I think he was going for the wet dog look!
Later the boys got to organize golf balls! Yeehaw! Hayden was like a kid in a candy store
Hayden got his very own box to bring home and I couldn't be happier-really!


While boys looked at golf balls Addie was in the next room setting up her school and teaching all the children. She did this for hours!
Yep, she is in first grade and she is smart!
Brecken and Addie watched a cartoon later. They said they loved it but I think they were really just tired! The perfect ending to the perfect day!





No comments:
Post a Comment